Your Rights and Choices
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to local data protection law. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your personal data. We also aim to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you or you may update or correct inaccuracies in that information by contacting us. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section below.
Rights Specific to California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section explains how California residents can exercise those rights and describes Californians’ rights.
Exercising Your Rights
If you are a California resident who chooses to exercise your rights, you can:
- Submit a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call [toll-free number] to submit your request.
You may also designate an agent to exercise your privacy rights on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
Our Response to Your Request
Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt of your request by sending you an email confirming receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In some instances, such as a request to delete Personal Information, we may first separately confirm that you would like for us to in fact delete your Personal Information before acting on your request. We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, listed below, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Californians’ Rights With Respect to Personal Information
Below we further outline specific rights which California residents may have under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Right to Access Your Data. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Information that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means you have a right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Information stored on our servers or information technology environment to another service provider’s servers or information technology environment.
- Right to Delete Your Data. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us or a Zingit Partner to unsubscribe from the service.
Your Ad Choices
We or third party partners may place or recognize a unique cookie on a User’s browser when the User visits our Sites for the purpose of serving targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising” or “interest-based advertising”). Users may find more information about entities involved in online advertising and additional choices they may make, including opt-out of having their information used for internet-based advertising, through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, and the Digital Advertising Alliance (the “DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice service. Zingit is a participant in the online industry’s self-regulatory program administered by the DAA and has agreed to adhere to the DAA’s principles applicable to interest-based ads. The tools provided at the DAA opt-out page and the NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, not Zingit. Zingit does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.